Through the magic of The Interwebs I’ve learned so much about myself this week!
- Best-selling Author! Check!
- Russian Popstar! Check!
- Canadian Tattoo Artist! Check!
Today’s Doppelganger Discovery (DD) from the Alternate Lives Pavilion (ALP) is that, YES, I’m a Sociology Major at Tufts University in Scarsdale, New York! Mind you, not just any sociology major, but a high achiever! This is not the lazy, retired latex model Kate Nova that you see napping around the SL grid most of the time. Oh no! Sociology Major Kate Nova is on a mission!
- 8 Internships in the last 5 years! EIGHT!!!
- Tufts’s University Dean’s List
- Speak Multiple Languages (English & Hebrew)
I’ve gotta say, learning about all these amazing Kate Novas this week is a little intimidating! But, no time to get emo or wax about lives that might have been now! Gotta tell you about my career — so far! — as a Sociology Major and all-around go-getter!
8 Internships in 5 Years
You can check my LinkedIn to see how busy I’ve been both in and outside the classroom.
Here’s the internships I’ve done:
- 2022 – MTV & VH1 Digital – Social Media Marketing, NYC
- 2021 – Anti-Defamation League, Boston
- 2020 – Espresso Love – Full Time Barista, Edgartown, Mass.
- 2019 – Camp Hillard, Counselor, Scarsdale, NY
- 2019 – The Westchester Sandbox Theatre, Mamaroneck, NY
- 2018 – New York Medical College, Laboratory Assistant, Valhalla, NY
- 2018 – Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, White Plains, NY
- 2017 – Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic Action Fund, Westchester, NY
What a resume!
I kinda wanna meet me!
Now hold on, I know what you’re thinkin,
did he fire 6 shots or only 5? Yea, yea, Kate, you’re a real go-getter, but all you do is work! You’re so boring! Not so fast, sista! I’m also the President of The Jackson Jills, only Tufts University’s longest running and awesomest Female A Capella Group!!
Although our central purpose is to arrange, sing, and perform music we love, we also find purpose in the strong friendships and lifelong bonds we form during our four years singing together at Tufts; these are relationships that have sustained our group for over fifty years. Our sisterhood and strong alumni ties have created (and continue to create) a network of passionate, warm, and intelligent women who are not only talented performers, but loving friends.jacksonjills.com
Here’s a vid of The Jackson Jills singing Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain”. The 2 soloists in the center are Abby Sommers (JJ ’25) and Katie Nova (JJ ’23). I’m the blonde in the LBD. Obviously.
Check out all our awesome videos on YouTube:
Retired latex model. Flirt, tease & friend without benefits. Say “Hello!” I won’t bite! (not even if you want me to) Over the years so many “SL Killers” have come & gone: Cloud Party, Blue Mars, InWorldz, Sansar, HiFidelity, and more. Mostly gone now. Zuckerberg’s “Metaverse” is in trouble. Meanwhile, SL keeps pressing on. Even so, don’t take it for granted. SL could die, or changes to SL, or changes in your life, could cause this beautiful dream to end. Even if the dream does continue, beloved characters might exit the stage. Savor every moment.